Tuesday, January 15, 2008

It has begun...

My name is Jason Bomberger and I am currently a eighth semester honors MIS major at the University of Connecticut. For my senior thesis I have decided to conduct an investigation into the emerging world of Web Enterprise 2.o and its implications. For the purposes of my research I will be utilizing this blog to track my progress as well as current research, sources, and conclusions as this project evolves.

Defined as "a term describing social software used in "enterprise" (business) contexts. It includes social and networked modifications to company intranets and other classic software platforms used by large companies to organize their communication. In contrast to traditional enterprise software, which imposes structure prior to use, this generation of software tends to encourage use prior to providing structure." For the purposes of this research I will solely focus on the blog, wiki, bliki, social networking tools, RSS signaling, prediction markets and podcasting tolls currently implemented in organizations.

Based on my initial research, I truly believe that these tools are going to dramatically change the business landscape concerning how it is conducted and the efficiency of information and communication inside and outside the business as a whole. There are however dramatic implications as well as cautionary measures that need to be strictly implemented as in any technological implementation. Nevertheless, the potential is there as these tools should be come more and more prevalent across the business landscape...

No comments: